Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Broken Ties

I fall hard for my siblings at Lisa's house.  I like coming home to mentor and spend time with them.  They remind me that not everything I do has to be uptight and with purpose.  Our sibling-hood is usually pretty temporary, and its never for certain how it will end.

There are a few siblings that I've fallen out of touch with rather abruptly.  I wonder how they are doing, and if they are making it.  I wonder why I can keep in touch with them.  So I hold our fun memories close, and I try to remember how strong and resilient each and everyone of them is.

It still hits me like a ton of bricks, oh the pangs of nostalgia!

I miss them, and I hope that our bond is of the type that starts where it ended.  I dedicate this blog to each of my foster brothers and sisters out there, whether I met them at Lisa's or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment