Saturday, September 18, 2010

Taking Credit

Something amazing happened this week.  I'm starting to see the outcomes of being in a youths life for a year.  Its taken over a year for me to crack this one.  She's very quiet and introverted.  She's been struggling in her foster home and I've been helping her through it.  We never hear her opinions on life, and I know that its not because she doesn't care.

It effects her.  It has to.

Well we had a really good conversation yesterday.  I learned a lot about her.  I look forward to being there for her.  In a lot of ways, I don't know how to help a foster parent to parent a teenager, but I know how to help a foster youth be a normal youth, how to go to college, etc.

I almost patted myself on my back...

but I'm not going to take credit for this one.  What did I do to deserve this?  If anything the youth deserves the credit.  She did this on her own.  She has chosen me to instill this information.  She trusts me. It doesn't matter how much work I put into it, or don't put into it.  If she doesn't want to open up, nothing on this earth will do it for her.  So Kudos to my foster youth, lets hope I don't blow it.

God is also in the mist of my work.  I'm still trying to find out where, why and how.  I'm still trying to see his hand in it.  I want to give him ownership, because I'm 100% sure he deserves credit too.


Here's to good things happening with my calling :-)

1 comment:

  1. gal! love u, miss u...keep being God's hands and feet! u were born 4 this!! mwa!

    ReplyDelete