Monday, March 14, 2011

Out of Home Placement and Permanency Planning

Oh yeah, I know that.  My first Charting the course training as an alumni trainer went off without a hitch.  I was really nervous about the content.  I usually do jump right into these things.  I like interacting, and being certain about what I know.


There were many many emotions while we progressed through the curriculum.  In some respects, I feel like a failed case worker.  I have two years of experience as a child welfare case manager, and I resigned.  Its a really hard job, and fortunately, there aren't many of you who would disagree.  Its not a job for everyone, and the clients deserve a worker who has their crap together.  I try to make myself feel better by insisting that I am playing my part on a Macro level.  I'm training the newest of the new case workers.  Since I was a constituent, I have a lot of intuition about best practice.  I still can't help but feel guilty, when I fell victim to being a new case worker in many of the practices I practiced.  I never had the chance to develop a mastery of the craft.  It really is an art form in many respects.  


Alas,  my direct practice is working with the Pennsylvania Youth Advisory Board and its young inspiring leaders.  I look forward to working with them one on one.  I count it as a deep blessing that being an independent trainer, affords me a lot of time to leadership and community development.  I realize now that my little blog on the web does not have a focus anymore, but I've always found solace in writing, and writing I shall do!  


Have a great week.


Babs<3

No comments:

Post a Comment