Tuesday, June 15, 2010

The person who gets killed off first.

I'm finally starting to realize what it means to not want to be that character.  I don't want to be that person who gets killed in the first five minutes of the film.  They usually are a very mediocre person, and no one knows who they are.

I worry that someday something major is going to happen, and I'm going to be that person.  I'll be an unknown.  My life will be smaller than a small Rita's Italian Ice.  Really, who really ever feels as though that size is enough?

I have dreams that one day I'll be the person who is able to get all A's, or I'll pull of some large meaningful event.  My goals always seem to be one or two or three steps shy of what I really wanted to accomplish.  I want to live life big.  I want to tackle the hard questions.  I want to stand in front of a speeding bullet.

Its a shame we won't know what our lives were meant to be, until they are taken from us.  I'm glad that my life doesn't end at the fate of my physical body though.  I know that God has great plans for my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment