Friday, January 10, 2014

I forget!

I really do struggle with seeing the impact of my work.  I still feel like a little kid or teenager, that maybe I'm still just being "humored."  

I forget that it doesn't matter how small you are, or where you have come from that your voice is your voice.  That its one of the most effective ways to communicate.  Say what you mean, and mean what you say.

Octavia is a youth ambassador at my office, and she is a pretty amazing young lady.  She always comes in with a smile on her face, and she is ready to work. One of the things she does for me, and I'm not sure she realizes it, but I often hear her repeating the advice I have given to her.  She shares it!  It means a lot to me, because it shows that there is validity in what I have to say.  The support is a two-way street!.

Now I'm going to share her story.  She was so brave to share her story at the 2013 IL youth retreat.  Thank you Travis Lloyd for video taping this for us!  You caught a treasure!


No comments:

Post a Comment